Monday, November 10, 2008

Gratitude

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited ... and not just for my pop’s stuffing, or my mom’s pies, or Susan’s home-made rolls. I am excited because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, a holiday that’s message I hope we can all carry throughout the year. A time to really think about all you have to be grateful for and appreciate all of the “goodness” in your life. For the past two years or so I have actively been trying to practice the “attitude of gratitude” by keeping a gratitude journal and focusing on being positive. It has made such a difference in my life and I encourage everyone to try it. By focusing on the positive and expressing gratitude you will be amazed at how easy it can be to keep the warm & fuzzies with you all the time! And during those times when we hit a rough patch, and we all do, looking at past entries in your journal can really help put things back in focus. So as Thanksgiving comes around this year take a moment to spread the joy by expressing gratitude: to your family for such wonderful memories, to your spouse for working so hard, to your kids for sharing their thoughts, to the stranger for holding the door open, to your waitress, to your sister for always having good advice, to grocery man, your neighbor....you get the idea ;)

“In daily life we must see that it is not
happiness that makes us grateful,

but GRATEFULNESS that makes us HAPPY"

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Very good message for Thanksgiving. I will try to remember to stay positive this year instead of hating on Thanksgiving for being the worst Holiday ever! Sorry, I know that sounds negative now, but by focusing on all that is good in my life I will change it around for the better.